Wednesday 20 June 2012

Landscape Final Piece

My final piece for landscapes was inspired by Andrew Wyeth and also David Hockney. 
Andrew Wyeth:  I really liked the techniques that Andrew used, mainly how he would use a simple backwash for the background with a very detailed drawing as the main image. I wanted to include this in my final piece and use the simple backwash so I didn't over do the painting. The colours he used were very dull and earthy sort of colours. I liked this because he used naturally colours and objects to create this colours. 




David Hockney: 

I really like the way David Hockney tried to look for all the different colours with in the colours he sees. It gives the picture more meaning and I think also looks better. I found it very interesting how he also used a modern form of technology to help him produce some of his landscape final pieces. Another thing that I was inspired by was how he works on such a big area, and how many canvas he uses for one painting. 


For my final piece I decided to do a similar landscape piece as these two artist. I really wanted to show used of colour in piece so used an artist movement called Fauvism. I loved how the colours are all different, none of them match up to the correct colours but this makes it abstract and a fun way to shows modern art.

No comments:

Post a Comment